Top Weight Loss Site

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Ridiculously Easy Weight Loss Tricks

Use mine or come up with some of your own.

Call me lazy, but if I'm going to exercise or put myself on a diet, it had better be enjoyable. If it's not, I want no part. I'm giving you a list of some of the things that work for my weight loss. Take your pick or better yet, make your own list.

Exercise

Cut the grass using a push mower. They are far less expensive and you get to enjoy the outside without polluting the environment.

Frisbee
Go out and buy one and then toss it around with your significant other. He's helping you exercise without realizing that he's getting a workout at the same time.

The Treadmill
Increase your speed a little each week. You will be amazed at how fast you can walk when you put your mind to it.

The Pool
I told you all about my new pool in the article entitled "The Pool Workout."If you have one of your own, and not 1700 miles away like me, take full advantage.

Diet

Watch your salt intake. It's not good for you anyway and if you haven't considered just how bad it is for you, I have the perfect book for you. It is called, "The Salt Solution" by Herb Boynton, Mark F. McCarty and Richard D. Moore. I don't think I will ever look at salt quite the same way, ever again. And, the foods that I am now eating are far lower in calories, not to mention much better nutritionally.

Try to make as much of your food from scratch as you can. Suddenly you are in control of the amount of fat, sugar and salt in each dish.

Carry cereal bars in your handbag. If you find yourself starving and you are far from home, you won't be tempted to stop at a fast food restaurant. A small cereal bar has come to the rescue several times for achieving my weight loss goals.

**Be sure to read the calorie count and nutrition list printed on the bar. Unfortunately, most are glorified chocolate bars.

No comments: